Our Mission Statement
We are a partnership of teachers, parents or guardians, and children committed to providing an excellent education while fostering a sense of belonging—a community.
Our community supports an enriched, creative curriculum that celebrates our similarities and differences with a balanced attention to the development of the intellect and character—a nurturing learning environment.
Our nurturing environment is founded on our shared commitment to teach through modeling: respect, compassion, responsibility, and resourcefulness—a legacy of core values.
Above all, our core values focus our combined strengths on developing in our children: self-confidence and a joy for living and learning—a foundation for their future.
More Information About PACE
PACE (Parents Active in Cooperative Education) is a partnership of teachers, parents, and children committed to an enriched learning environment. Together with our school and neighborhoods, PACE strives as a community to foster learning and develop a foundation for our children’s future. Although each PACE program is partly defined by its home school, teachers, and parent resources, all PACE programs meet curriculum requirements for the Northshore School District.
- Enrichment activities and active parent participation support each student’s learning style and developmental rate.
Students are encouraged to be independent and self-motivated learners.
- The program provides interaction with students of all grade levels within the program.
- PACE students participate in P.E., library, and music instruction as well as all school-wide assemblies and after-school activities.
- PACE families must contribute a minimum of 80 hours of volunteer work per year to support the program. Work may be either in the classroom or outside the classroom, based on parent’s availability and interest.
- Consistent parental involvement in the classroom allows for small group, cooperative work plus traditional large group instruction.
- All PACE programs meet the curriculum requirements of the Northshore School District.
- PACE is a supportive community for children and their families.
For more information on the PACE program, you may visit the Northshore School District website at https://www.nsd.org/schools/programs-services/pace-program.